Wednesday, August 13, 2008

He is my Escape

I was reading through some random scripture today and I came upon one that I hadn't really noticed before, but it really spoke to me.

It is: No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. -1 Corinthians 10:13

I can faintly recall Ricky mentioning this verse during one of our Wednesday night services but apparently I didn't think much of it at the time. My favorite part of this verse is "...he will NOT let you be tempted beyond your ability..." I haven't encountered many temptations but I know they will arise later in my life. This verse gives me immense comfort. Our God is so merciful that He will never put us into a situation that we cannot overcome. Thank You Lord

This is definitely one for the memory bank

No comments: