Saturday, August 23, 2008

Scavenger Hunt!

Elevate was officially kicked off at 6:00 p.m. yesterday. The food was great & the scavenger hunt was sweet (my team won!) but worship and Ricky's mini message were the best. Earlier on that day I read Matthew 7:21-23...you know, the one about calling on the Lord & Him saying depart from me, I never knew you. That is a scary reality. Well Ricky said something about it in his message and then the verse was brought up two more times in random conversation before the night was over. I used to be unsure about my salvation & I know I would have been one of those people calling on the Lord & getting rejected. But that changed a while back...since I know that He is my righteousness & that we have a real relationship. I feel like God brought that piece of scripture up in my day so many times to show me my calling: Not only to witness to the lost, but clarify the truth to those who believe they are saved.

Recap: Fed from the word, fed from a hotdog, fed from worship, won a neon green shirt that says, "The greatest scavenger hunt your mother has ever seen." It was a definite success.

No comments: